Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cranberry, Pistachio, Navy

This post is for Tracy, who envisions a cranberry and pistachio color scheme for her wedding, but is running into a lot of venues that are predominantly navy in color. She has been thinking of going with a royal and canary yellow color scheme, but doesn't feel it has the warmth she's after. Check back tomorrow to see the inspiration board I put together for her in a royal and canary yellow color scheme--I added touches of gold and bronze to imbue it with a sense of warmth!

But, back to today's board. Since she does love the idea of cranberry and pistachio, this inspiration board was my attempt to prove that cranberry and pistachio can mesh well with navy, and that it might not be a hindrance after all! What do you all think of cranberry, pistachio and navy together?


Row 1. Photo 1: Wedding cake from Fleur de Lisa. Photo: 2: Bridesmaid dress from Jenny Yoo. Photo 3: Navy silk tie from J.Crew. Photo 4: Rose and orchid bridal bouquet from Project Wedding.

Row 2: Photo 1: Save the date card from Wedding Paper Divas. Photo 2: Arrangement from Brides.com. Photo 3: Updo with orchids from Project Wedding. Photo 4: Orchid bridesmaid bouquet from The Knot. Photo 5: Cobalt blue Fiestaware from Dinnerware USA. Photo 6: Diamond and sapphire earrings from Lussori.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I love it! I love it! I love it! I think I have a new best blog friend! I can't believe the solution was so simple! My BF walked into the room after I saw your post (after admittedly checking it multiple times today) and saw tears in my eyes and a grin on my face wondering what was going on. I filled him in on the history of your blog and he laughed saying, "I should have known it was wedding related." He said he loves it too!
Thanks so much! Can't wait to see tomorrow's and the following...I hope you continue to challenge my vision for what I've dreamed of! Thanks again!
P.S. Yes I need a life!

Wedding Inspirations said...

Aw, I'm so glad you loved it so much! Thank you so much for your comment, my blog best friend! ;)