Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Grass Green And Blackberry

Yesterday I posted a citron and blueberry inspiration board inspired by a citron and blackberry inspiration board designed by Kathryn at snippet & ink. Today, I am posting another inspiration board inspired by Kathryn's citron and blackberry one. This one is grass green and blackberry.

In her original post, Kathryn expressed that she'd been hesitant to use the citron and blackberry combination--even though it turned out spectacularly--because the combination was a lot of powerful color and a lot of contrast. So I decided to play around a little with the combo and keep its roots, but tone it down and make it a little more accessible. Yesterday, I paired the citron with navy blue; today, I paired the blackberry with grass green. I like how the feeling of this board is sweet and pretty but a little bit rustic.

Incidentally, I never really realized how much I actually like purple until I started creating inspiration boards!




Row 1. Photo 1: Purple halter bridesmaid dress by Donna Rico from Nordstrom. Photo 2: Green striped wedding invitation from Wedding Paper Divas. Photo 3: Purple and green place setting from WeddingChannel.com. Photo 4: Wheat grass centerpiece from Weddingbee. Photo 5: Bouquet from Project Wedding.

Row 2. Photo 1: Purple rock candy from Brides.com. Photo 2: Green lanterns from The Knot. Photo 3: Blackberry cobbler from MyRecipes. Photo 4: Cake with purple hydrangeas from The Knot.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

These have been lovely! And it's funny you say that about purple - I never thought I liked purple before, until I made some wedding boards with it!

Wedding Inspirations said...

Thanks, Kathryn! I'm so glad you've liked them!

Funny how things we thought we didn't like can sneak up on us, isn't it? I thought I didn't like roses, but I keep finding myself using them in boards, too!

-K said...

Sorry, I missed a few day's worth of posts here- life gets in the way sometimes, ya' know?

I like this one a lot, especially the green lanterns image. I, too, was surprised at how much I like this combo, as I'm not a purple girl, either. Very pretty!

Wedding Inspirations said...

Thanks for visiting again, k! I appreciate it!

Purple seems to get a bad rap--we all think we don't like it until we see just how versatile and pretty it can be!

-K said...

Just after viewing your blackberry board, I came across this image at Project Wedding, and thought of you!

http://www.projectwedding.com/photo/browse?photo_to_show=4724&tag=blue&thumbs_page=32

(Hope that link will work for you.)

-k

Wedding Inspirations said...

Thanks, k! That would fit in perfectly with my blueberry and citron inspiration board: http://weddinginspirationblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/citron-and-blueberry.html