Thursday, May 29, 2008

Aqua And White

Aqua is my favorite color and has been for years, so I love creating inspiration boards with it. I saw this dramatic stephanotis bouquet from Paradise Delight the other day and right away wanted to do an aqua and white inspiration board.

Also, this is the second board in a row in which I've used rock candy as one of the elements. I love the idea of rock candy because it's bright, sweet and summery, and can be made to work with any color scheme!





Row 1. Photo 1: Hand-lettered aqua and white mural from Brides.com. Photo 2: Aqua rock candy from The Knot. Photo 3: Cupcake from Brides.com.

Row 2. Photo 1: Stephanotis bridal bouquet with aqua and rhinestone wrap from Paradise Delight. Photo 2: Wedding stationery from Dauphine Press. Photo 3: Aqua and white reception decor from The Knot. Photo 4: Aqua bridesmaid dress from J.Crew.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I really like the feel of this. Using aqua without it feeling overly like Tiffany Blue. So crisp and fresh. Once again you never fail!

Wedding Inspirations said...

Thanks! I love this shade of blue--a touch brighter than the Tiffany blue so often used (which I must admit I also love) and I think keeping it paired with white, rather than adding in any chocolate brown, gives it that "crisp and fresh" feeling. I love the combo of chocolate brown with just about anything, but I really feel like, when paired with pink or Tiffany blue, it has just been done too much.